Matthew 6:9-13 (Fathers...)



Here in New Zealand it's Father's Day.

I am eternally grateful to my father for what he taught me and how he helped me to become the man I am today. Also, I'm grateful to my children because, without them, I wouldn't be a father.
All in all, I've had a good upbringing and life to follow as I was fortunate enough to be from a loving home that taught me the values I needed to set out on my own way into the world.

Not all people are this fortunate. For some the word 'father' carries dread, sorrow, hate or a myriad of other connotations. For them Father's Day is a day better forgotten.

However, no matter our upbringing, our experiences, the fathers we had, or didn't, there is hope for us all. We all have a heavenly father who loves us. Abba, Father. God; The very creator of all we see and the One to whom we owe our very being.

People will let us down. People will be flawed and have issues. I know I do!

God will always love us. He is the same yesterday, today and forever more.

As we celebrate Father's Day, lets remember the father we all have that cannot be flawed and will never let us down.

Join me in the following prayer:

Matthew 6:19-13
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mark 4:3-20 (The Sower...)

Genesis 37:5-8 "I had a dream..."

Psalm 128:1-6 (Joy and Family)